Wy’East Education Association Title U Grants
WEA recognizes that there is a great need for teachers to expand their professional development opportunities beyond those offered by the Oregon Trail School District. As such, Executive Council has developed grants to pay conference, training, and presentation expenses for our members. Any member of WEA is entitled to apply. Unfortunately, WEA does not have the budget to pay for sub costs. However, we will make every effort to pay fees, memberships, etc. to attend events. Read the guidelines below and submit your proposal to Executive Council before the funds run out!
Grant proposals should be no more than 1 page total and must include the following:
1. DESCRIPTION and EVENT DETAILS:
- Provide a description of the professional development program(s) or event(s).
- Include plans for timing of events, location, and number of members wanting to participate.
- Name those individuals who will be responsible for planning and logistics of the program.
- Explain the need for the professional development activity and the intended impact on student learning/achievement.
- Include a detailed budget for how funds will be spent (Note: WEA will not pay for subs)
4. CONTACT INFORMATION:
- List the individual(s) who will serve as the contact person(s) for the grant.
Grants must be submitted electronically (as a Microsoft Word or PDF document) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . They will be reviewed by Executive Council and awarded until we exhaust our budget.